ScareCrow Motion-Activated Animal Deterrent Sprinkler
Tired of battling predators around your pond, deer, cats, raccoons, squirrels and rabbits? Stop animals from invading gardens and ponds with ScareCrow® Motion-Activated Animal Deterrent. Guaranteed effective from day one, this smart ScareCrow® uses a startling, yet harmless, blast of water to keep deer and other destructive animals at bay. The original motion-activated deterrent protects day and night, all season long.
One ScareCrow® protects 1,200 sq. ft.. Connect additional ScareCrow®'s in series for even more coverage.
Start With The Owners Manual: Below is an adaptation of the set up instructions in your Owners Manual. However, we recommend using your Owners Manual during setup because it includes additional details, diagrams and illustrations.
Examine Contents: Examine the contents of the ScareCrow® package. Your package includes: Owners Manual, Sprinkler Head, Sensor Housing, Stake Top, Stake Bottom, ScareCrow® Decal Sheet (Optional), Flow Through Cap
- Install Battery: Open battery cover and install 9 volt battery (battery not included). The battery cover is located under the Sensor Housing.
- Run Dry Test: Check that ScareCrow® is functioning properly by running a "Dry Test". In running a dry test, do not connect the ScareCrow® to a water supply. First, turn the sensitivity knob to 4 or 5. Next, wave your hand in front of the sensor lens. You should easily hear the ScareCrow®'s internal water valve click open, then click closed 3 seconds later. You may need to wait up to 1 minute for your ScareCrow® to warm up and learn its environment.
- Assemble ScareCrow®: First, assemble Stake Bottom to Stake Top, making sure that the hose connection on the Stake Top is positioned directly next to the Stake Bottom illustrated here. Next, attach Stake to Sensor Housing. Finally, attach Sensor Housing to Sprinkler Head. These fittings should only be hand tightened.
- Connect to Hose: Connect hose and position the ScareCrow®. Aim the ScareCrow® towards the area you want to protect. Do not push on the Sensor Housing or Sprinkler Head.
- Set Sensitivity: Turn the sensitivity knob on. To increase or decrease the ScareCrow®'s sensitivity, use these settings:
- Small Animals: 6-7 for a 10 ft. Detection | 7-9 for 20 ft. Detection
- Medium Animals: 3-4 for 10 ft. Detection | 5-6 for 20 ft. Detection | 7-9 for 30 ft. Detection
- Large Animals: 2-3 for 10 ft. Detection | 4-5 for 20 ft. Detection | 6-9 for 30 ft. Detection
Confirm Sensing Area: Start outside your desired coverage area and work your way inwards. The ScareCrow®'s sprinkler will activate once it detects you.Adjust Water Coverage: To set the arc and distance of the ScareCrow®'s water spray please refer to the Owners Manual.
- Startling-but-harmless burst of water keeps unwanted animals out of gardens, yards, and ponds
- Deters unwanted deer, cats, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, and rabbits
- Hooks up in minutes with a standard garden hose
- Works day and night for up to six months on a single 9-volt battery
- Protects up to 1,200 sq. ft.
Limited Two Year Warranty: If you encounter any problems while assembling your ScareCrow®, please refer to the Troubleshooting section of your manual, or in the US call us at 1-800-225-2883. In Canada call 1-800-668-5669. For additional details, please refer to the warranty card on Page 10 of your user manual.
Click HERE for product label and user manual.
Click HERE for the link to purchase the 9V battery
How to Use Scarecrow Motion-Activated Deterrent