SEACHEM MetroPlex METRONIDAZOLE 5G
- Treats protozoan parasites and anaerobic bacterial diseases
- Little danger of overdose
- No impact on bio-filter
- Well suited for medicated food mix for internal parasites
MetroPlex™ is an effective and safe treatment for several protozoan and anaerobic bacterial diseases of fish (Cryptocaryon, Hexamita, Ichthyophthirius). It does not adversely affect the filter bed and is easily removed with carbon. It can either be dosed into the water or combined with Focus™ in a medicated food mix. It will treat both internal and external infections regardless of the delivery method. When used in a medicated food mix, it is excellent for treating parasites in tanks that contain invertebrates. MetroPlex™ is gentle and there little danger of overdosing.
- Active ingredients: metronidazole (70%)
- Inactive ingredients: excipients (30%)
MetroPlex™ is appropriate for treating a variety of protozoan and anaerobic bacterial diseases of fish. Below are some of the more common diseases treatable with MetroPlex™. Be aware that many diseases and infections share similar physical and behavioral symptoms, e.g. clamped fins, lesions, loss of appetite.
Can I use MetroPlex™ with invertebrates in my tank?
A: Though none of our medications are 100% “reef” safe, we would not hesitate to use and/or recommend MetroPlex™ in a medicated food mix with Focus™ and GarlicGuard™. By using it in a medicated food mix, the fish are directly ingesting the medication and very little is getting into he water column.
A: 125 mg
How much medication does the included scoop hold?
- Click HERE for Safety Data Sheet
- Click HERE for Medication Interaction Chart
- Click HERE for Medication Color Code Meaning
- Click HERE for Illness Description Medication Chart