SeaChem Kanaplex Antibacterial Antifungal 100 gram
- Broad Spectrum Antibiotic
- Treats fungal and bacterial fish diseases
- Easily absorbed through both skin and gills; ingestion not required
KanaPlex™ is a blended kanamycin based medication that safely and effectively treats several fungal, and bacterial fish diseases (dropsy, popeye, fin/tail rot, septicemia). Because it is absorbed by fish it is useful in treating internal infections in those situations where food is refused. It does not adversely affect the filter bed and is easily removed with carbon. When used in a medicated food mix, it is excellent for treating bacterial infections in tanks that contain invertebrates. For use in freshwater or marine aquaria.
IndicationsKanaPlex™ is appropriate for treating a variety of fungal, and bacterial fish diseases. Below are some of the more common diseases treatable with KanaPlex™. Be aware that many diseases and infections share similar physical and behavioral symptoms, e.g. clamped fins, lesions, loss of appetite.
Aquarium Use Only. Keep Away from Children. For ornamental fish only. Not for human consumption. Not to be used in conjunction with animals used for human consumption.
Dosing in Water
- Remove all invertebrates - these are extremely sensitive to medication.
- Turn off UV filters, ozone filters, and remove chemical filtration like MatrixCarbon™ and Purigen®.
- Use 1 measure (included) per every 20 L (5 gallons).
- Repeat this dose every 48 hours to a maximum of 3 doses.
- In cases of severe infections, it is possible to carry out two rounds of treatment back-to-back. However, this should only be done if fish show no signs of stress at the end of the first round.
Dosing in Food
Feed the medicated food mix (recipe below) every day until the infection clears or up to 1 week. This medicated food can be refrigerated or frozen between feedings.
- 1 scoop KanaPlex
- 1 scoop Focus™
- 1 tbsp food (preferably pellets or frozen food)
- A few drops of water if using a dry food
- To enhance palatability use with GarlicGuard™ or Entice™.
When the treatment period is over, KanaPlex™ can easily be removed using activated filter carbon like MatrixCarbon™. It does not linger in the substrate or filter media of the tank.
- Click HERE for Safety Data Sheet
- Click HERE for Medication Interaction Chart
- Click HERE for Medication Color Code Meaning
- Click HERE for Illness Description Medication Chart