Essential for Nitrification
When pond carbonate levels fall below the necessary level, nitrification will stop and will fail to start again. With the loss of KH (carbonate alkalinity) pH levels will vary and pH will be difficult to control as KH stabilizes pond pH.
The natural biological ammonia removal process in ponds referred to as nitrification and:
- Requires the presence of KH (carbonate alkalinity) at all times.
- Utilizes 7.1 mg. of KH for every 1 mg. of ammonia removed.
- Continuously depletes KH so KH must be monitored and restored as necessary with MICROBE-LIFT/KH Bio-Active Booster.
- Maintain 50-100 ppm KH at all times to assure nitrification.
- 2 Lbs. (0.9 kg.) (CABPSM) – approximately 49 scoops (Blue) per container
- 8 Lbs. (3.62 kg.) (CABPMD) – approximately 196 scoops (Blue) per container
- 20 Lbs. (9.07 kg.) (CABPLG) – approximately 490 scoops (Blue) per container
- 50 Lbs. (22.67 kg.) (CABPXL) – approximately 1225 scoops (Blue) per container
- Contains a proprietary blend of Carbonate Hardness constituents and bacterial cultures.
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Follow directions carefully
- Avoid eye contact
- Avoid inhaling powder-dust
A full flat level scoop (enclosed) will raise the KH by approximately:
- 80/ppm in 30 gallons (113 L)
- 50/ppm in 50 gallons (189 L)
- 25/ppm in 100 gallons (378 L)
- If you have a 1000 gallon pond and need to increase by 80 ppm:
- 1000/30=33.3 scoops
- If you have a 100 gallon pond and need to increase by 80 ppm
- 100/30=3.3 scoops
*TREATS AMOUNTS FOR WHOLE CONTAINER:
- 25 ppm→5,335 gal
- 50 ppm→2,667 gal
- 80 ppm→1,600 gal
- 25 ppm→21,340 gal
- 50 ppm→10,668 gal
- 80 ppm→6,400 gal
- 25 ppm→133,375 gal
- 50 ppm→66,675 gal
- 80 ppm→16,000 gal
- To raise KH in 4,000 gal pond, wanting to keep the KH level above 80 ppm:
- To raise by 25 ppm→ add 40 scoops
- To raise by 50 ppm→ add 80 scoops
- To raise by 80 ppm (in pond that has crashed)→ add 133 scoops!
Ideal KH level in pond is 100-300 ppm/mg/L, with the higher the better, especially in heavily stocked ponds and lined ponds.
Always test your KH before adding this product.
for Safety Data Sheet