LAGUNA Pressure-Flo PF4000 UVC Filter, PT1728
- The unit can be installed in or above ground.
- Pressure-Flo 4000 UVC is for ponds up to 4000 gallons and comes complete with a 36-watt UV lamp, 5 filter foams and 4800 g of Bio-Lava Rock.
For ponds with fish, 2000 gallons is the maximum gallons for this filter.
The new and improved Laguna Pressure-Flo 4000 pressurized pond filter eliminates green water and kills algae. The Laguna Pressure Flo 4000 provides mechanical filtration coupled with a powerful UVC sterilizer to produce a clear, clean and healthy pond environment for ponds up to 4000 gallons (WITHOUT FISH)
Simple to install and easy to maintain and clean, Laguna Pressure Flo filters are the heart that will keep your pond beautiful all season long.The new Laguna Pressure Flo filters include a variety of improvements to simplify the maintenance process and provide more powerful filtration. Starting with the filter handles and diverter valve, each has been re-designed and strengthened.
- The cleaning handles now feature an ergonomically designed grip with re-enforced brush connections. The diverter valve has been re-shaped and enlarged to accommodate an improved cleaning indicator system and makes the patented Backwash Cleaning System easier to use.
- Yearly UV bulb maintenance has been simplified by improvements to UVC-Head; the screws used to attach the head to the filter unit are permanently connected to the UVC head. No more misplacing or losing screws during maintenance.
- Along with physical improvements to the filter body, the new filters also include increased filtration capabilities. The mechanical filter pads are now 10X stronger than the current pad foams to better maintain their rigid shape and performance.
The UV sterilization functionality has been increased with larger more powerful UV Bulbs.
- Biological filtration has been improved with the conversion to Bio-Lava rock filter media.
- The Bio-Lava rock provides increased surface areas which promotes the growth of healthy bacteria resulting in cleaner healthier water (Biological filtration not included in Pressure Flo 1000 model number PT1725).
How it Works
The Pressure-Flo 4000 is designed to work in tandem with a solids handling pump, such as the Laguna Max-Flo 2400 Waterfall
and filter pump. With the filter connected to the pump, water enters the unit through a water inlet. It then passes through the mechanical filtration stage, consisting of highly durable foam filters that intercept and trap dirt and debris.
Dirt-free water then passes along an integrated 36-watt UV-C lamp, where it is exposed to ultraviolet rays that inhibit the growth of algae. Finally, water returns to the pond thoroughly cleansed. This patented system is the only one of its kind. Backwash cleaning can easily and comfortably be completed in a few minutes without opening the lid.
This feature ensures that the filter performs at optimal levels for many days and prolongs the time between full maintenance sessions. An easy-to-view cleaning indicator signals when it's time to perform backwash cleaning.