Pond Rid•Ich® Plus is a combination of special forms of two powerful fish medications - formalin and premium grade malachite green.
- Effective medication for the control of many freshwater diseases caused by external protozoan, dinoflagellate, and fungal infections of fish.
- Effective against fresh water parasites including Ichthyophthirius (ich), costia, trichodina, chilodonella.
- Scientifically proven when used as directed - will not harm biological filters
- Safer than most other medications when used as directed with many "scaleless" fish including most catfish, loaches, and tetras.
Directions: SHAKE BOTTLE BEFORE USING. A partial water change (25% or more) before each treatment will ensure more effective results. Siphoning old water from the bottom of the pond near gravel level where Ich tomites can be found is the most effective method for water changes. Remove carbon from filters during treatment.
Dose: Add 1 capful of Pond Rid-Ich Plus per 8 gallons (30.24 liters), or 1 2/3 fluid ounces (165 mL) for every 100 gallons of water to be treated - this produces a concentration of 0.05 mg/L malachite green and 15 mg/L formalin. The standard treatment is once every 24 hours. Repeat the full dosage as needed. Do not increase or decrease the amount of the dose. For stubborn cases, shorten the time between treatments to once every 12 hours. For delicate or weakened fish, use caution when shortening the time between treatments. When treating for ich, continue treatment for 3 to 4 days after last visible signs (white spots) of the disease have disappeared. Protein skimmers need not be turned off during treatment.
Cautions: Pond fishes such as goldfish and koi usually tolerate Pond Rid-Ich Plus very well. Certain individual fish and fish that have been severely traumatized by disease may not tolerate any treatment, even Pond Rid-Ich Plus. It is recommended that the aquarist carefully observe treated fish for the first few hours after treatment and be prepared to perform an appropriate water change if needed. Do not use Pond Rid-Ich Plus with any other medications. Discontinue use of any medication if fish being treated show signs of stress. Pond Rid-Ich Plus contains a strong chemical dye and can permanently some sealants ( such as silicone) as well as other plastic used in ponds.
CAUTION: NOT FOR USE WITH INVERTEBRATES
Contains Formaldehyde 4.26% (11.52% formalin) and zinc-free chloride salt of malachite green
- Item No. 31046 POND RID-ICH® - 16 fl.oz. (473mL) – treats 960 gallons
- Item No. 31051 POND RID-ICH® - 1gallon (3.78 L) – treats 7,693 gallons
WARNING: For skin contact, wash affected area immediately with soap and water. In case of human ingestion, rinse mouth with alcohol-based mouthwash and call physician immediately.