HIKARI Pond Solution ICH-X, 1 GALLON
WE DO NOT SHIP THIS PRODUCT DURING FREEZING WEATHER DUE TO 'DO NOT FREEZE WARNING"
- Famous Leteux-Meyer Formulation-Improved
- Contains a safer, more effective form of Malachite Green
- Treats protozoan-caused disease conditions
- Controls fungal issues
- Can be used safely on scaleless fish
- Highly effective proven formulation
- Less stressful to fish and bio-action
- Can safely be used down to 50ºF
- "ICH" (ICHTHYOPHTHIRIASIS)
- DISEASES CAUSED BY FUNGI (SAPROLEGNIASIS )
- FUNGAL INFECTIONS
- OODINIASIS (VELVET, GOLD DUST DISEASE, RUST DISEASE)
- For Pond: Water, Formaldehyde (<22%), Methanol (<7.5%), Malachite Green Chloride (<0.2%).
- Dosage produces concentration of 0.5 mg/L of malachite green and 15 mg/L of formalia ~5.55 mg/L of Formaldehyde
For Pond: Pond Solutions® Ich-X® is dosed at a rate of one teaspoonful (=~5 mL) per 50 gallons (194 L) of water. This produces a nominal concentration of 0.05 mg/L of malachite green and 15 mg/L of formalin.
For Best Results: (1) always treat in a separate quarantine/treatment tank, (2) remove activated carbon from filters and clean or replace mechanical filtration media (do not stop filtration!) (3) make at least 1/3 water change before each addition of Ich-X® (use Ultimate® or a combination of Stress-X® and ClorAm-X® to condition new water). Larger water change improves performance; and (4) repeat treatments at least every 24 hours, but no more than every 8 hours, depending upon the course of the disease (refer to the Product Data Sheets linked below). Continue uninterrupted treatments for three (3) days after all visible signs of disease conditions cease.
DO NOT OVERDOSE - this means you should calculate the actual amount of water in your tank by multiplying the length x width x height and dividing by 231 to get the true gallons. Please also deduct the amount of space consumed by substrate (gravel, sand, etc.) rock, decorations or other things which are displacing water.
WARNING: DO NOT ALLOW TO FREEZE – If you find green crystals under the seal of the bottle when opening or noticeable clumps in the material when poured out, the product has been frozen and should not be used. When frozen the active ingredient can become lethal to fish.
NOTE: We do not recommend using any sulfur or sulfinite-based water conditioners with this product. If your normal water conditioner does not list the ingredients please verify with the maker that it does not contain these ingredients. If you notice any rotten egg smell to the product, it likely does have these ingredients and should be avoided as it could cause the product to be less effective and the dissolved oxygen levels to be negatively impacted.
Use Ich-X® to treat conditions related to ich and ich related disease.
Click HERE for Product Data Sheet