Limited Ingredient – Wild Salmon Formula for Dogs 12.2oz – 12 Cans
- Grain & Gluten Free
- Carrageenan & Guar Gum Free
- Epoxy Free
FirstMate’s Salmon formula uses wild caught, food grade salmon sourced from sustainable fisheries. This Grain Free, limited ingredient formula is ideal for everyday feeding or for those with food sensitivities.
- 98 % PROTEIN FROM Wild Caught Salmon
- 2 % PROTEIN FROM Vegetables
- 0 % FROM Grains
Boneless/skinless Salmon, Water sufficient for processing, Potato, Minerals (Salt Calcium Carbonate Monodicalcium phosphate Choline chloride Potassium chloride Zinc Proteinate Iron Proteinate Copper Proteinate Manganese Proteinate Calcium Iodate) Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement Niacin Vitamin A Supplement Thiamine Mononitrate Riboflavin Biotin Vitamin B12 Supplement Folic Acid Vitamin D3 Supplement D-calcium pantothenate) Taurine , Kale
Boneless/skinless Salmon - a food grade, wild caught, boneless/skinless Coho salmon from sustainable Pacific Ocean fisheries. A rich source of omega 3 fatty acids.
Water Sufficient For Processing
H2O is the principle component of a dog and cat's body, making up 75% of the body at birth and 60% at adulthood. It is the most important life-sustaining nutrient. It is involved in all the major physiological and metabolic functions of the body. Cats are specially adapted to get most of their daily water intake very effeciently from their food, so canned and raw foods can be their best sources of water.
Potato - A highly digestable, hypoallergenic, gluten-free carbohydrate source. A very good choice for dogs and cats with food sensitivities.
- Salt (Sodium Chloride) - Provides an essential mineral (sodium) that our pets' bodies use for functions such as maintaining blood pressure and absorbing nutrients
- Calcium Carbonate - Provides a source of the essential mineral calcium
- Monodicalcium phosphate - A source of calcium and phosphorous important for healthy bones and optimal growth
- Choline Chloride – is necessary for brain function, the synthesis of neurotransmitters, and for the building and maintenance of acetylcholine. Is required for the transfer of fat from the liver.
- Potassium Chloride - Potassium salt of hydrochloric acid and is required body fluid maintenance, nerve conduction, and certain metabolic processes.
- Zinc Proteinate – This chelated mineral is a constituent of about 100 enzymes. Lack of zinc causes delayed wound healing, diminished taste sensation, loss of appetite
- Iron Proteinate – This chelated mineral helps with the formation of hemoglobin in the blood and myoglobin in muscles, which supplies oxygen to cells and parts of several enzymes and proteins. Lack of iron causes anemia, fatigue, weakness, pallor, and shortness of breath.
- Copper Proteinate – This chelated mineral also helps with the formation of red blood cells. Lack of copper can lead to violent vomiting and diarrhea.
- Manganese Proteinate – This chelated mineral helps normal bone structure, reproduction, part of enzymes and the function of the nervous system.
- Calcium Iodate - A source of the essential mineral iodine
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E helps in the formation of red blood cells, muscles and other tissues. It protects vitamin A and essential fatty acids and is an antioxidant.
- Niacin – is a water-soluble vitamin, which is also known as nicotinic acid or vitamin B3. Niacin helps to reduce the amount of cholesterol and certain fatty substances in your blood.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A assists in the formation and maintenance of healthy skin, hair, vision, bone growth, teeth development and reproduction and mucous membranes. The absence of this vitamin can lead to night blindness and dryness of eyes; rough skin and infection of mucous membranes, impaired bone growth and tooth enamel.
- Thiamine Mononitrate - Thiamine is vitamin B1 and important in the breakdown of carbohydrates from foods into products needed by the body. It is required for the normal function of all body cells.
- Riboflavin - Vitamin B2 - is important for normal growth and development
- Biotin - vitamin B8 - is a water soluable, nitrogen containing vitamin necessary for cell growth, fatty acid production, and the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and protein.
- Vitamin B12 – Like the other B vitamins, it is important for metabolism and helps with red blood cell formation and maintenance of the central nervous system. Lack of B12 causes pernicious anemia, pale skin and mucous membranes, numbness and tingling in the fingers and toes, loss of balance and weakness and pain in arms and legs.
- Folic Acid – Folacin acts with B12 in the formation of hemoglobin of red blood cells. It is necessary for the synthesis of DNA and tissue and bone growth in cell production. Lack of folacin may cause megaloblastic anemia, enlarged blood cells, smooth tongue, and diarrhea.
- Vitamin D3 Supplement - a fat-soluable vitamin that aids in the formation of normal bones and teeth and helps maintain a healthy nerve and muscle system by regulating the level of calcium and phosphorous in the blood
- D-calcium pantothenate - A form of vitamin B5. A water soluable vitamin essential for releasing energy from carbohydrates
Taurine - a special sulfur containing amino acid that's essential for cats and can be benificial for some dogs, especially large breeds. Taurine is necessary for maintaining healthy eyes and heart.
Kale - a leafy green, Kale is very high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C.