Christy's RED HOT BLUE GLUE PVC CEMENT, 4 oz
- Contractor preferred, premium formulation
- Medium body, very fast set
- All classes and Schedules thru 6″ diameter interference fit (Schedule 80 through 4″)
- Can be used without primer if local codes permit for non-pressure systems up to 6″ and pressure systems below 4″
- Blue in color
DIRECTIONS: For use on PVC plastics. Stir and use as is. Do not thin. Discard if jellied or stringy. Use within 3 years of date stamp on can.
1) Cut pipe square, deburr, and wipe clean with a dry cloth. Make a trial dry fit on joints (Pipe should fit snugly 1/3 to 2/3 into socket). Use an adequate sized applicator – 2-1/2” and larger pipe requires a brush or roller. IAPMO specification standard IS8 (PVC Potable Water) requires that purple primer be used. COMPLETE STEPS 2 & 3 WITHIN THIRTY SECONDS FOR A SECURE JOINT
2) Apply a full, even coat of cement to outside male end of pipe and a medium coat to inside of fitting to be joined. Avoid puddles and voids. Pipe end must be coated twice before assembly and be “wet” during assembly. Push and rotate pipe into fitting (1/4 turn) until pipe bottoms in socket. Hold together until joint sets (approx. 30 seconds). If dry, pipe must be recoated.
3) Remove excess cement and leave joint undisturbed for at least 10 minutes. Full joint strength should be reached within 24 hours depending upon temperature and humidity. Pipe may be hydro-tested to 75 psi (water only) one hour after joining. STORE AND USE BETWEEN 40°F AND 110°F.
Click HERE for manufacturer Safety Data Sheet
- Color: Blue
- Maximum Diameter: 6″ PVC Schedule 40 all classes and schedules.
- 4″ Schedule 80.
- Body: Medium
- Relative Set Time:Very Fast Set
- Industry Performance Specifications: ASTM D-2564
- NSF/ANSI 14
- NSF/ANSI 61
Joining PVC Pipe and Fittings with Christy's Red Hot Blue Glue
Problem Solved: Solvent Cementing PVC Pipe in Cold Weather
- Applicable Materials: PVC
- Application Method: Brush, Roller
- Boiling Point: 133 deg F
- Compositions: Polyvinyl Chloride Resin, Tetrahydrofuran, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Cyclohexanone, Acetone
- Curing Time: 24 hr
- Density: 2.49
- Flammability Rating: 2
- Flash Point: 7 deg F
- Form: Medium Syrupy Liquid
- Odor/Scent: Ethereal
- Package Size: 0.25 pt
- Package Type: Can
- Specific Gravity: 0.955
- Temperature Rating: 40 to 110 deg F
- VOC Content: <=510 g/L
- Viscosity: 500 cPs