AIRMAX Natures Blue Pond Dye- RTU- Quart, 530099
Pond Logic® Pond Dye shades and protects your pond while enhancing natural color and beauty. Its powerful 4x concentrated formula allows each quart of Pond Logic® Pond Dye to treat like a gallon of competitive brands. Pond Logic® Pond Dye is available in 3 colors each with its own unique application. While we provide color recommendations below, each color of Pond Logic® Pond Dye provides the same reliable protection and can be selected based on your personal color preference.
- 4X Concentrated, treats like 1 gallon of other dyes
- Enhance the aesthetic appeal of your pond
- Protects against troublesome UV sunlight
- RTU - READY TO USE
- 1 Quart
- Application Liquid
- Temperature Restriction None
- Months of Treatment for 1/4 Acre Pond, 4-6 Feet Deep Up to 4 Months
- Shelf Life 2 -Year
- Treatment Area (4-6 Feet Deep)
- Pond Dye Liquid
- Up to 1/4 Acre 1/4-1/2 Quart
- Up to 1/2 Acre 1/2-1 Quart
- Up to 3/4 Acre 3/4-1-1/2 Quart
- Up to 1 Acre 1-2 Quarts
- Nature’s Blue™ is the ideal color for decorative ponds as it contrasts perfectly with lush green landscaping.
- Black Dyemond™ creates a mirrored surface which beautifully reflects surrounding trees and natural rocky landscapes making it perfect for natural ponds in wooded areas.
- Twilight Blue™ maintains a neutral blackish-blue tint that is ideal for shading and protecting your pond without making drastic changes to natural pond coloring.
Powerful 4x Concentrate
One quart of our powerful 4x concentrated Pond Dye treats like a gallon of other leading pond dyes making it extremely cost effective; saving you both money and shelf space.
Fish, Plant & Wildlife Friendly
When used in accordance with label directions Pond Logic® Pond Dye is completely safe for your fish, plants, pets and pond wildlife.
for Safety Data Sheet
for Product Label
Choosing to Use Pond Dye
Pond Dyes are no longer perceived as singularly decorative or unimportant to maintaining a balanced pond. Adding pond dye to your pond maintenance regimen is a great way to keep your pond looking great all year long. Pond Dye will shade your pond the unique color of your choosing, whether it is a deep blue tint or a natural mirror-like reflective surface.
The most popular reason to add dye to your pond is to enhance the natural color and beauty of your landscape. Because different dyes protect and shade the pond the same way, color choice is a matter of personal preference, but different shades are better suited to different situations. When selecting one, first consider your environment and what looks natural in your surroundings. Then choose a color:
Go Bold: Still the most widely used, Nature's Blue™ dye is the ideal color for large ponds as it contrasts perfectly with lush green landscaping.
Blend the Landscape: If you don't like the color blue or if your pond is in a wooded area try Black DyeMond™. This option can turn brown or gray water into a beautiful display. It creates a mirrored surface that reflects surrounding trees and natural rocky landscapes, making it perfect for natural ponds in wooded areas.
A Hint of Color: So you wanted the best of both worlds? Now you can have it. Airmax created a dye that will add a little blue in your pond, but won't create a bold contrast with the surrounding landscape. Pond owners can achieve ample color while also creating an attractive rich look with Twilight Blue™.
Although adding dye to your pond does enhance its visual appeal, it also benefits your pond by protecting fish against predators. Predators flying above the pond or lurking along the side of the pond will not be able to see them easily, giving the fish time to dive out of harm's way. Using a pond dye will also help keep the water cooler and allow the fish to breathe easier all summer.
Applying Pond Dye
Adding dye to your pond or lake is easy. Simply pour the concentrated pond dye into the water in several spots along the pond's edge, or toss the easy-to-use water-soluble pond dye packets in the water. Do this every four to six weeks, or as needed depending on rainfall and evaporation.
- Liquid Dye: Simply pour along the shoreline with protective gloves in several spots to treat up to 1 acre. No mixing required.
- Dye Packets: The same protection as liquid dyes, but in a convenient water-soluble packet! Just toss two packets into the water to treat a 1-acre pond.
- Pond Dye Plus Bacteria: Give your pond a one-two punch with this combination of pond dye and PondClear™ liquid bacteria. Great for ponds with a lot of suspended debris or for use after an algaecide/herbicide treatment.
- Pond Dye dosing is based on an average depth of 4-6′ deep. If you are unsure of the depth of the pond grab your boat and a weighted string. Test different areas to get the average depth and follow the dosage rate. Shortly after application, you can see the color spread throughout the water column.
Safe for Swimming
Be sure to wear gloves and work clothes when adding dye to your pond. Once mixed with the water in your pond, pond dye is completely safe for agriculture and irrigation purposes. If you are worried about the dye coloring your skin when you swim, don't. After 24 hours of being applied to the pond, the dye will not stain. It's safe for use in swimming ponds, as well as watering horses, livestock, birds, pets, fish and wildlife.
Pond dye is just one step in managing a balanced ecosystem in your pond. Be Proactive with pond management through the use of aeration and natural bacteria treatments.